15 Best Laptop Under $700 (Ultimate List of Best NoteBooks 2021)
Don’t want a big hole in your pocket when purchasing a laptop?
What value a laptop under 700 dollars can bring to you?
The computer industry is now a competitive field where a lot of companies striving to provide the best money value in a laptop with nice aesthetics. And fortunately, a laptop under $700 can have a nice built quality, solid performance and decent battery life etc.
Under this budget bracket, you can get a simple laptop, convertible or even a significant gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card. The laptops in such a budget are powerful enough and can perform nearly any task you want to do. However, picking up a best one from crowded options is somewhat an overwhelming task. But do not worry here we list out the best laptops with various specs which includes slim and sleek notebooks, back to school, and gaming etc.
So let’s begin
15 Best Laptop Under 700 Dollars (Ultimate List with Detailed Reviews)
ASUS VivoBook F510UA
If you are searching for something stylish, lightweight and slim yet powerful device, ASUS Vivobook F510UA is a good laptop under 700 dollar. It is powered by a top-notch processor that hold 4 cores and so efficient to manage multiple tasks. Another noteworthy part of this laptop is its thin bezels that make its front look elegant and premium. Whether you are getting this for watching movies, writing articles or for designing the wide 14.2” is good for those and also make it a portable compared to the other big-screen laptops.
Over the board, it holds 8GB of RAM which is more than enough for web browsing and for many applications. But there is also an empty slot in case if you want to add more memory. We really appreciate ASUS for adding fingerprint sensor in this highly economical laptop that allows quick login. With its integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620, you won’t play many games except few ones such as global offensive, overwatch, and GTAV, etc.
- Amazingly lighter and thinner
- Narrow bezels almost 80% screen to body ratio
- Full HD screen great for doing graphics related work
- Easily switch between normal, eye care, vivid and manual display modes
- Come with 1TB HDD, but you can also add SSD m.2 SATA 3 for faster speed
- Features with a fingerprint sensor
- Highly affordable – excellent laptop for the price cost around $500
- Lack of LAN port
- No backlit keyboard
HP 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Notebook
Here is another best laptop under $700 range that offers you amazing value and suits best for daily use. The thing that makes it a great choice for the price is the inclusion of 8th generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor with up to 4.0GHz speed so can perform the tasks at higher speed. The quad-core nature of processor enables the laptop to run multiple VMs and manage various apps at a single time.
And what more surprising? It features HD touchscreen that might be useful for simple working but not great for the purpose like drawing. For storage needs, you will get 1TB HDD storage which is sufficient for saving files without any worry. In this busy world, no one like slow data transferring. So this HP notebook features 2 USB 3.1 ports for faster data sharing. Other includes USB 3.0, 2.0, HDMI and SD card reader.
- Inexpensive 15.6” touchscreen laptop
- Nice simple design laptop
- Powerful 8th generation Intel quad-core processor
- 15.6” big screen provides a bigger work area and watching movies
- Comfortable keyboard including the numeric keys
- Features Bluetooth, 802.11ac WiFi, and HD Webcam
- DDR4 8GB RAM enough for most of the applications and multi-tabs web browsing
- Around 7 to 9-hour battery life
- It has DVD-RW in case you want to play DVD
- Windows 10 Home included free in this low-cost laptop
- Not a backlit keyboard
- It should have a smaller SSD so that at least we can get faster boot up time
Acer Nitro 5
Whenever it comes to affordable laptops, Acer is a remarkable name that is striving to provide the best value. The best example is Acer Nitro 5 that comes with expandable capabilities so also great for future proofing perspective. It is one of the best laptops under 700 dollar for gamers available in the market. The board is occupied by 7th generation Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ and can turbo up to 3.5GHz. From the RAM side, it is included with 4GB DDR4 if you want to keep it under $700. If you can manage around $39 (besides $700), then we strongly recommend you to choose 8GB RAM because it is fairly enough for most of the applications, multi-tabs web browsing and even for gaming.
Acer Nitro 5 comes with 4GB NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti which is great for playing games like Fortnite, PUBG, FIFA 17 and more at pretty decent graphics. On the top of that, it is ready for VR gaming. You will experience high speed because of SSD (128GB) and make use of various ports such as USB Type-c & Type-A, HDMI, SD card reader, and LAN, etc.
- A big 15.6” IPS Full HD screen good for work area and watching movies
- Great overall performance
- Nice charming look red backlit keyboard
- Features a generous range of ports
- Nice build
- You can play lots of games with high to ultra-settings
- Satisfactory battery life (around 8.5hr)
- Slots for expanding storage and RAM
- You can use both SSD and HDD at the same time
- Comes with pretty limited storage (128GB)
- A little bit heavy 5.9 lbs. / 2.67 kg but remember it’s typical in gaming laptops
Dell i5577-5335BLK-PUS Inspiron 15″
For gamers searching for a good laptop by renowned company Dell then this Dell Inspiron is one of the worthy choices. Surely it’s not the latest machine but comprised with one of the best specs by remaining in your budget bracket. It comes with 7th generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core processor with 6MB cache. The HQ processors are especially known for heavy tasking like gaming and AutoCAD etc.
By default there is 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (4GB). The rich graphics memory allows you to play many games at higher to ultra-settings. As memory is one of the crucial factors whether running applications or video games, the model allows you to expand the memory up to 32GB which is great when you need more in the future. There is a 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) display that is an ideal display for a photo editing or a gaming machine. Overall it’s a nice machine that let you enjoy the 1080p gaming experience.
- A very nice simple design with just 0.99 thickness
- Quad-core process capable of multi-tasking
- One of the laptops which are reasonably priced
- It features 3 USB 3.0, SD card reader, HDMI, and LAN port
- Good battery duration makes it one of the best laptops under 700 dollar
- Backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
- Shipped with 4GB graphics memory so you can enjoy more realistic graphics
- The inclusion of SSD makes faster boot up time and applications installed on SSD
- Support wireless 1×1 802.11ac and Bluetooth
- It is equipped with TN panel which is not as great as IPS
- Not even single USB 3.1 port – no Type-C
- Insufficient storage for a gaming laptop
Lenovo Flex 5
Lenovo Flex 5 is a mid-range 2 in 1 sleek laptop under $700 which comes with pretty decent specification including Intel Core i5 processor from 7th generation family and 8GB memory. The notebook has 360-degree hinge design so you can use it with various modes such as tablet, tent, stand, or standard laptop. Although Flex 5 is a slim machine but still, you get a USB Type-A port and HDMI for external display. The powerful CPU can easily handle almost all of your daily tasks like a breeze.
Its super immersive full HD display screen not only outputs magnificent graphics but it does have the super responsive touch screen. That said, you can craft sketches, make drawings using a stylus, or simply make use of touch feature for quick navigation. Furthermore, there is the latest Intel HD 620 graphical chipset which plays a vital role to deliver realistic display quality. To sum it up, it’s a great value-added product by the company and best fit for overall usage except hardcore gaming.
- Incredible battery uptime of around 8 +/- hours
- The led-lit screen provides stunning display and also suitable for photo editing
- Huge 1TB hybrid disk drive
- Sleek body profile with just 0.78″ thickness
- Integrated graphical processor to yield video editing and Photoshop as well AutoCAD
- Touchscreen availability in this price tag is quite impressive
- PCIe SSD improves the overall performance and renders data faster compared to HDD
- Wide bezel around the screen feels annoying
- Fewer external ports so you’ll need to buy additional adopter to connect multiple USB Type-A enabled peripherals
ASUS VivoBook 15 X510UQ
If you are looking for elegant yet powerful performance beast, then we can’t resist ourselves to recommend ASUS VivoBook 15 X510UQ. The led back cover with silver color, and the company logo in the center looks beautiful, thanks to the premium built quality, color blending, and high-gloss spun finish. Though there are two other colors white and red also available, but we would prefer to choose the silver one if we have to pick one. With its 1.5kg weight and 19.4mm thickness, one can easily carry it.
The laptop shipped with full HD 15.6″ display panel, and 80% screen to body ratio alongside Nano-edge bezel that virtual feel super immersive. As it has 178-degree wide view technology, so you can view clearly from different positions without adjusting the panel position. Plus, ASUS also included fast charging feature which fills up the battery to up to 60% in under 49 minutes and delivers 3 times better backup. At under 700 dollar price, VivoBook 15 is quite a good choice for daily tasks.
- Improved battery lifespan with 3x further improvement
- Smart “IceCool” feature to ensure ultimate performance and system cooling
- Excellent keyboard with an ergonomic design which makes it the best laptop for blogging and writing
- 150% sharper contrast renders vivid and true colors
- Since it has only 0.8″ body profile but still brings a number of USB ports with USB 3.1, 3.0, and 2.0 as well as HDMI compatibility
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7500U processor with turbo boost technology
- Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GPU suitable for soft gaming
- Massive hard disk storage so you can store a lot of data, media files, and raw photos
- Since, it’s an under 700 dollar laptop so it should have at least keyboard backlit which it doesn’t have, unfortunately
- Users perform a lot of numerical data might feel discouraged as there is no numeric pad at all
- Its speakers are not that good
Dell Inspiron 11.6″ Notebook Convertible
Yet another top of the line notebook packed with cutting-edge hardware by Dell to help users achieve more with ultimate portability. It’s an 11.6″ smallest laptop listed here coming under $600 equipped with Dual-Core AMD A9 processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a massive 512GB SSD. Aesthetically, it looks quite good and sturdy by design which means it can bear shocks and some level of weather effects. Its CPU holds 1MB cache and clocks at 2.6GHz.
There is also an AMD Radeon R5 GPU that is more than enough to run Photoshop, AutoCAD, Revit, etc. like a breeze. Furthermore, R5 work seamlessly with HD display panel and outputs TrueLife graphics. This laptop is highly recommended for those travel a lot or want ultra portability without compromising on performance. Luckily, it features multiple USB ports and other essential ports to connect external devices such as flash drives, smartphones, etc.
- It has only 11.6″ dimension so provide a great level of comfort regarding mobility
- A bunch of peripherals ports which also includes HDMI, audio jack, USB, card reader, etc.
- Can be used as a tablet as well because of touch functionality
- Solid keyboard and sturdy overall built quality
- Responsive touch panel and excellent precision
- Quite good battery life
- Windows 10 pre-installed
- Solid state 512GB drive resulting in smooth speeds and no lag while multitasking
- HD webcam for calling and dual microphone for clear voice quality
- Its processor has an only 1MB cache
- Lower resolution of just 1366×768 or HD
- Not suitable for in-depth graphics designing due to small canvas/screen
HP Pavilion Touchscreen 15
With its potent AMD A9 processor, 8GB of RAM, 802.11ac super fast WiFi, and 256GB SSD paired with a 2TB hard disk drive, HP Pavilion 15 is one of the best laptops under 700 dollar mentioned here. On top of that, it also has touch compatibility, so you quickly access to any required software, create notes with fingers, or use the entire laptop without even touching the trackpad or keyboard. It is not only affordable but also sturdy machine to bear shocks while traveling or you can say, its built quality is solid.
The combination of silver lid cover and black palm reset with patterns on it, provide a unique look as well as aesthetics. It has a full size keyboard alongside numeric keypad where each key has the perfect travel distance. That said, one can take maximum benefits out of it regarding text content writing especially bloggers, writers, and journalist. Plus, the solid keyboard material also can handle aggressive usage too.
- WiFi 802.11ac provides the strongest wireless connectivity
- It can be turbo boosted up to 3.6GHz
- Shipped with SSD and HDD storage
- Full size island-style keyboard and number pad
- TruVision HD webcam with digital mic
- Ethernet port availability (10/100/1000 GbE LAN)
- Incredible up to 7 hours and 15 minutes battery life (depends on your usage as well)
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Home
- Multi-touch gesture support
- No optical drive despite the fact it’s a standard 15.6″ notebook
- It should have at least FHD resolution
Acer Aspire 5
Acer Aspire E15 is available in different variants such as Core i3, i5, and i7 from 8th generation family. However, our specific version is Intel Core i3, but you can find other high-end features here and here respectively. Besides the latest processor, it packs with a whopping 1TB hard disk drive and giant memory. The best part is, you also get an optical drive which brings DVD RW functionality. When we talk about the exterior, its lid and palm rest has a stylish metallic textile pattern which looks good if not stunning.
Even though Aspire E15 is an affordable best laptop under $700, but you get a staggering 13.5 hours of battery timing. Isn’t it amazing? On the other hand, TrueHarmony ensures crystal clear sound quality and enhance the entertainment experience. With super fast USB 3.1 and 3.0, plus, MU-MIMO WiFi technology, you get ultrafast connectivity. Regarding built quality, the laptop manufactured with rock solid material and durable plastic.
- Availability of a variety of models to target a wide range of customers
- Optical drive for reading and writing DVDs as well as CDs
- Massive 1 Terabyte disk storage
- Excellent back up of up to 13+ hours
- Full HD 15.6″ display, also best for graphics designing and digital artwork
- Fastest Mu-MIMO 802.11ac WiFi module
- Standard full size keyboard with number pad
- USB Type-C also available
- Acer ExaColor yields great color accuracy
- It is a little bit heavy at 5.27lbs
- Its performance can be improved with SSD
- No keyboard backlit sadly
- The webcam is not as good as it should be
Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1
Dell is one of our favorite computer brands that is manufacturing computing devices for all range of customers including individuals and enterprises. Inspiron 13″ i5379 is a potent machine packed with the latest 8th Gen 8250U Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM, these two factors alone are capable enough to run graphical applications as well as handle multitasking like a breeze. However, solid state storage also plays a vital role for lag-free performance and reliable speeds.
Design-wise, it’s an elegant looking device made of premium materials. With its 360-degree hinges and touch screen panel, you can make use of it as a tablet or a standard laptop. Plus, that unique hinges design allow various modes including tent, stand, tablet, or notebook. The keyboard is one of the finest ones we have ever reviewed and feels ultra comfortable while typing. As it supports FHD resolution and has IPS technology, so you get accurate colors while photo editing.
- Intel UHD 620 graphics chipset renders an ultra-realistic display
- Super fast solid state works 20x faster than HDD
- Truelife IPS LED-backlit panel with wide view angle
- Touch capability yields quick navigation
- Best 2-in-1 laptop under 700 comes with a variety of external ports
- Quite Lightweight at just 3.56lbs
- Brings 802.11ac WiFi known as the strongest wireless connectivity
- Keyboard backlit enables you to stay productive even in dim lights
- Windows 10 Hello unlock your computer with an infrared camera (you can change it as well)
- It feels bulky in tablet mode
Dell Inspiron 7000 – Best Gaming Laptop Under 700 Dollar
Computer gaming is a vast market, almost everyone loves to play games and wish to have the best gaming laptop or desktop PC. Of course, gaming machines cost a hefty amount and usually demands more than $1000 to enjoy hardcore games without facing any performance lag. For those who cannot afford expensive laptops, here is Dell Inspiron 15 from 7000 series manufactured for mid-range gaming. The overall look is not that flashy compared to Acer Predator Helios 300 and Dell Alienware, but still, anyone can say that it’s gaming devices because of the red keyboard backlit and color blending.
It has an Intel Core i5-7300HQ which is coupled with the 8GB memory and a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics unit. The graphics quality is further enhanced with a full HD 15.6″ display that also has Anti-Glare IPS technology. IPS screen provides outstanding graphics whereas the Anti-Glare coating makes it possible to make visuals clear in the daylight too. Besides that, 1TB hybrid disk drive renders stored data pretty fast compared to standard hard disk drives, so it boots your system quickly.
- An affordable gaming laptop with great internal specs and exterior quality
- 4GB dedicated graphics chip can efficiently run moderate level of softwares including Revit, Illustrator, Adobe CC, etc.
- Excellent choice for mediocre level gaming with great frame rates
- Hybrid disk works way better than HDD
- Various ports such as USB, card reader, LAN, HDMI, and combo audio jack, etc.
- Though hybrid drives are great but can’t outrank SSDs
- 8GB RAM for gaming seems a bit lower
- Red keyboard backlit might be annoying for some users
- No USB Type-C port or thunderbolt
HP Pavilion Business 15″
The HP Pavilion is a simple design laptop that provides the power of remarkable specs and their performance for your money. Because of not having a dedicated graphics unit it is not a great device for gaming but except that you can run almost every software on it whether related to video editing, photo editing or writing notes. It is paired with 7th generation Intel i5-7200U dual-core processor and ample 8GB DDR4 RAM. Plus, there is 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD so to provide the spacious storage without compromising the speed.
Another notable part is its 15.6 inches HD touchscreen. We won’t say it’s a great touchscreen but satisfactory for basic purposes. There is no shortage of ports for peripherals and the inclusion of 41 WH battery provides a decent battery life while doing normal tasking. The laptop featured a backlit keyboard with numeric keys which makes it a good choice for content writers.
- An affordable laptop that worth your penny
- Lots of storage for media and other files
- 15.6” widescreen provides you with a bigger workspace
- Nice build quality with a slim design (0.88”)
- There is also an optical drive so you can read and write DVD
- On sides, it has ports such as USB 3.1 type-c, USB 2.0, HDMI, SD card reader, LAN
- A Full-size keyboard that also includes numeric keys
- Comes with Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Touchscreen isn’t that great
- Just HD screen might not be great for detailed graphics while doing photo editing or animation
MSI GL62M is another good choice if you are seeking for a gaming laptop under 700 dollars. The device provides a fast processing power through 7th generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor. Thanks to its quad-core nature that allows you to do multi-tasking smoothly. The laptop is equipped with Full HD 15.6” with 94% NTSC color that provides you pretty accurate color schemes.
You don’t have to worry about resources while working on multiple programs as there is enough RAM (8GB DDR4) to do so. Another component that makes it a faster machine is the SSD storage. The enough 256GB SSD is sufficient for the operating system and installing multiple software. However, for games or media files there is an empty slot for adding more storage which may be HDD. The company adds NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 2GB VRAM which can run various multiplayer like overwatch as well as offline games.
- A highly affordable gaming laptop
- Backlit keyboard that also contains numeric keys
- You can easily travel with it – easily portable
- Turbo fan can cool down the system quickly when doing heavy tasks or playing games
- Plenty of ports including USB 2.0, type-c, Mini DisplayPort can card reader, etc.
- Mostly plastic made body but look solid and durable
- Not only a good performer for games also great for applications
- Not offer a good battery life
- A 4GB GPU would be greater because storage and RAM can easily be changed later. But you can’t do much in case of GPU
Acer Swift 3
Here is another masterpiece by Acer for seekers searching for an ideal laptop under budget. With 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD you will love the value that is being provided. Moreover, you will get a crystal clear and detailed image while doing work on programs like Adobe Photoshop and illustrator, etc. The 14” screen size is the best fit if you are a travel guy. It is large enough so you can work efficiently and small enough that you can easily travel with it.
Acer swift 3 features a lot of ports around it such as USB 3.1, 3.0, 2.0 and HDMI, etc. There is also a type-c port. This economical laptop also holds a discrete NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB) GPU that is more than enough for applications like Illustrator, Maya, and CAD, etc. You can establish a faster wireless connection through its dual-band 802.11ac WiFi. Furthermore, Acer also adds a more secure and quick login fingerprint sensor. So you don’t have to remember or type the password.
- A perfect budget laptop with Full HD IPS display
- Nicely designed, perfectly finished stylish looking laptop
- Competitive price tag
- Wide range of ports 1 USB 3.1 via type-c, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, HDMI etc.
- Solid performance while doing video editing
- Fingerprint sensor for easy and fast login
- Backlit keyboard
- Long-lasting battery life
- Where most of the laptops now come with DDR4 Acer Swift 3 comes with DDR3
- Slightly dim display but work great for indoor work
Acer Spin 5
By spending just a few pennies more than your selected budget, you can get this ultra-portable and powerful device. Acer Spin 5 is a laptop for those who need a convertible notebook that can be transformed into 4 modes – laptop, stand, tent, and tablet. This means that the hinges can move up to 360 degrees and so you use it in a position you feel more comfortable. Its 13.3” Full HD display support 10-finger touch. Your instructions are processed by 7th generation Intel i5-7200U Processor with 2.5GHz clock speed (can boost up to 3.1GHz).
Acer Spin 5 able to provide you with approx. 10 hr. battery duration because of energy-efficient technologies. Other specs include 8GB DDR4 and 256GB SSD storage can run any applications without lags. The device has Intel HD Graphics 620 on board for basic graphics related work. For gaming, it won’t provide you much output except a few games. Acer Spin 5 is a decent choice which is packed with a lot of power in a compact body.
- Convertible so you can transform it as per your comfort like a stand mode for watching media
- 13.3” Full HD (1920 x 1080) touchscreen
- IPS display with wide angle color accuracy
- Various connectivity channels like USB 3.0, USB 2.0, SD card reader, and HDMI, etc.
- Impressive performance as well build quality
- Storage on lightning-fast solid state drive
- Pretty decent battery life
- Faster dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 with more range
- Nice keyboard with backlit
- Compact but slightly heavy
- Device getting hot when doing multi-tasking continuously
- The screen should have been brighter
Conclusion: Which is the Best Laptop Under $700 for You?
Above mentioned laptops deliver you the best value for money and are competitive to handle your day to day tasks. It depends on you that either you are searching for a daily use laptop or a gaming or a convertible one. These devices even perform relatively better than the machines with higher prices. All you have to do is just go through the content in order to choose the best fit for your needs.
We are pretty sure that with this all-purpose best laptop under 700 dollar guide you will find the one you are searching for. But still, if you are confused or have any question just drop a comment below. Thank you for your precious time.